International Shipment Forms
If you are exporting outside the U.S., please complete the International Shipment/Proforma Invoice Form and email it to the Caltech Export Compliance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). This form will enable the CEC Export Office to review your shipment and provide you with the information required for your shipment -- an export license determination and classification of items to be shipped.
International shipments require a fully completed International Shipment Form. (This form is not required for personal shipments, household goods, books, mugs, business documents, office supplies (e.g. pens), clothing, Caltech souvenirs and simliar items.) Complete the Shipper sections and then email it to us for next steps. We will add other information required for your shipment and email it back to you for signature. (Please provide your form at least three days in advance of your intended ship date or more if it is a large shipment, so that we have enough time to review your shipment.) Once the International Shipment Form is signed, please attach three copies to your shipment and retain another copy for your files. Please also email us a copy along with other shipment paperwork (i.e. FedEx forms, bill of lading, etc.) for required record keeping.
Contact us with any questions.
For shipments with biological, chemical or nuclear items, please directly contact the Caltech Environment, Health and Safety office: email@example.com or x6727.
Learn How to Send International Shipments
- Get started by downloading the Caltech International Shipment Form
- FedEx Export AgentFile® application: Complete for shipments over $2,500.
- Check out the Glossary and Guide to Determining Customs Value
- List of pre-approved items for shipment here
- Biologicals questionnaire for No Review Required List (word version), (PDF version)
- Watch for these red flag indicators during export transactions